ISLAND RECORDS ANNOUNCES ISLAND LIFE ALL-STAR CONCERT EVENT PRESENTED BY MARRIOTT REWARDS AT NEW YORK’s BEST BUY THEATER, SEPTEMBER 8thIsland Life Logo
(August 4, 2015 – New York, NY) ISLAND LIFE, the mega-popular series of artist showcase events launched by Island Records in summer 2014, celebrating the lifestyle that the label has helped cultivate into the new millennium, will commemorate its first successful year with a take-over of New York’s Best Buy Theater on September 8th. The musical event presented by Marriott Rewards will kick off the 2015 Back-To-School season as tickets go on sale to the public Wednesday, August 5th at Noon at axs.com
Once-in-a-lifetime Sept 8th ISLAND LIFE concert event will be:
- American Authorsfrom Brooklyn, with their career-defining RIAA triple-platinum #1 hit “Best Day Of My Life” and brand new “Go Big Or Go Home” off their upcoming sophomore album due out October;
- Kiesza, the Canadian-born singer-songwriter who went multi-platinum worldwide with her debut single “Hideaway” and #1 Dance debut album, Sound Of a Woman;
- Nick Jonas, with his back-to-back hits “Chains”and “Jealous,” the RIAA multi-platinum million selling worldwide smash from his self-titled debut album
- Shawn Mendes, the 16-year old sensation whose RIAA gold #1 debut single “Life of The Party”detonated an explosion that led to his #1 album debut, Handwritten. Shawn is currently on tour with Taylor Swift in support of his Gold single “Stitches”
- Timeflies, the NY duo who won fans with their debut hit “I Choose U,”, “All The Way,” and brand new “Worse Things Than Love” from their new album Just For Fun due out September 18th.
As part of the recently announced marketing agreement between Marriott and Universal Music Group (UMG), 100 members of Marriott Rewards – the company’s award-winning loyalty program – will be lucky recipients of tickets to the star-studded concert and ten of those lucky Marriott Rewards members will be able to meet the artists in person.
“This is a tremendously exciting moment,” said David Massey, President/CEO, Island Records. “Island Life not only recognizes the label’s extraordinary 56-year history over the course of popular music, but also reaffirms our commitment to breaking new young artists who speak to the next generation.”
“Island Life has been a spectacular success ever since we launched it last year,” said Eric Wong, Executive Vice President/General Manager, Island Records. “To see Island Life grow from an artist-driven showcase into a festival event with branding and lifestyle opportunities, is a tribute to the family that we have created at Island Records.”
“Offering Marriott Rewards members exclusive access to a memorable event like ISLAND LIFE is a great example of the new types of experiences our program delivers” said Thom Kozik Vice President, Loyalty, Marriott. “Our partnership with UMG continues to add value beyond the hotel stay for our best, most engaged customers.
ISLAND LIFE was premiered in summer 2014 with a weekly schedule of Friday afternoon showcases in New York City, and resumed in 2015 with a pre-Grammy Awards event in Los Angeles.
Most recently, ISLAND LIFE took over this year’s SXSW (South By Southwest) Music Conference in Austin, TX. Among the Island artists performing that night were Incubus, Tove Lo and the label’s newest singer and songwriter, Mike Posner.
Welcome to ISLAND LIFE!