SAN FRANCISCO and SANTA MONICA, Calif. (Feb. 10, 2016) — The Recording Academy® and CBS will launch GRAMMY Live®, bringing music fans around the globe unprecedented, multiplatform access to red carpet arrivals and behind-the-scenes action leading up to and throughout The 58th Annual GRAMMY Awards®. GRAMMY Live will begin Monday, Feb. 15 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET at GRAMMY.com and CBS.com and on both the GRAMMY Live app for iOS and Android and CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, and continue through the live telecast, which airs 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on the CBS Television Network.
GRAMMY Live is a unique experience that complements at-home viewing for GRAMMY Awards viewers. Bringing fans exclusive content from Music’s Biggest Night®, the comprehensive interactive platform includes:
- The debut of GRAMMYcam™ — a camera placed in the base of the GRAMMY Award trophy which will offer fans the point of view from the star of the day: the GRAMMY Award itself. Winners receiving GRAMMYs® at both the GRAMMY Awards telecast and Premiere Ceremony® will be holding the GRAMMYcam, which will capture the winner’s experience from their perspective.
- Live red-carpet coverage hosted by Dulce Candy and Quddus with additional reporting by special correspondents Tyler Oakley from the carpet and Ted Stryker backstage.
- Multiple camera angles and exclusive live streaming from the audience, producer’s tunnel, and GRAMMY® winners backstage official portrait sessions with Danny Clinch.
- The only place to view the Premiere Ceremony, where winners in more than 70 categories will be announced.
- Real-time social media trends, commentary and curated posts.
- Backstage access from behind-the-scenes GRAMMY cameras.
- Wrap-up show immediately following the telecast, featuring a comprehensive recap of winners, performances and fashion highlights.
This year the GRAMMY Live digital experience has been completely rebuilt to deliver a state-of-the-art interactive desktop and mobile web page that combines live streams and on-demand content with real- time community engagement. Video content, polls, trivia, calls to action, social curation, group chat, and more will connect GRAMMY Live users to the 58th GRAMMY Awards like never before. “The GRAMMYs” – a companion mobile app available for iOS and Android – combines these features with additional mobile device exclusives such as a sharable content section with 58th GRAMMY emoji and the latest animated GIFs capturing highlights of Music’s Biggest Night.
“The GRAMMYs was the first awards show to offer fans live streaming companion content,” said Evan Greene, Chief Marketing Officer for The Recording Academy. “Now in our seventh year of producing GRAMMY Live, we continue to listen to what fans want, and offer exclusive access for the ultimate engagement experience.”
“GRAMMY Live gives fans a backstage pass to Music’s Biggest Night each year,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President and General Manager of CBS Digital Media for CBS Interactive. “With multiple camera angles, backstage access and the GRAMMY Awards Premiere Ceremony, it’s the perfect second-screen companion to the GRAMMY Awards telecast.”
GRAMMY Live Technology Partners
AMV Digital Media has returned for the sixth consecutive year to live stream GRAMMY Live using multiple streams of the Tremolo Player.
GRAMMY Live will once again leverage Akamai‘s global distribution HD network for live streaming and video on demand to power extensive live and on-demand streaming.
All content forms will be presented to users in a new interactive engagement experience customized for GRAMMY Live by the Maestro platform.
The Recording Academy has partnered with the most progressive online companies and has leveraged the best of both open-source and proprietary technologies to deliver a cohesive, exciting and more enriching user experience for GRAMMY.com and GRAMMY.org, including Acquia, Drupal, Lullabot, and Ooyala.